Wednesday, July 16, 2014

keep on truckin

This one goes out to the man who works two jobs to put food on his families table, the boy who helps his sister with special needs every morning to get ready for school without complaint or second thought, the man who studies every day to make sure he gets good grades because without his scholarship, he would be back home working minimum wage...
These are the stories of people, this is the story about Dedication.

Why? Why do we choose to get up in the morning, eat, fill in daily work, eat, sleep?
Doesn't it seem a tad bit pointless, to live in this fallen world of infallible people? I suggest that we all take a chill pill and lay in our beds for the rest of our lives. It sounds tempting right? You can do whatever you want and just be lazy ALL THE TIME.
It's what most people secretly desire with their time, but what happens. You slowly waste away as life passes by without you, leaving you with nothing to show for it except broken relationships, no trajectory and maybe that strange piece of belly lint you've been staring at for the last week
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2.
We are so much more. More than the person who wants to lay on the couch and watch all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad in two weeks (okay yes, that example hits close to home). But get this, we are more than even the unrealistic standards the world tries to put on us. More than the unreal pressure to keep performing and be better than everyone. More than that job promotion, more than that A in Spanish, more than the affirmation you crave from your significant other.
Isaiah 40:31 says, "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint.
Feeling tired? Out of strength? Easy, there is not a single thing God can't renew us from. I am telling myself this today, I feel the weight of this heavy world pressing down on me.

Lord, give me strength. Bring me the encouragement and strength to have all I could ever need in you. Help me to keep on truckin, never letting sin and sorrow take me to a place where I can't see Your face. Renew my passion, restore my life, forgive my transgressions. Lord, I know you don't give us more than we can handle and help me to understand the place I am in and the wisdom to continue to follow Your path. In Your name, Amen. 

Psalm 22:19
 "But you O Lord, be not far off; O my strength, come quickly to help me."

No comments:

Post a Comment